Friday, March 12, 2010

3 Days retreat on the principle and Foundation--Kamlesh Raval



3 Days Retreat on the Principle and Foundation.
Day 1
Bhajan: Ishware Duniya Banavi Duniya Sundar Banavi
Topic: Human beings are created to praise, reverence, and serve God our Lord, and by means of doing this to save their souls.
Grace: That I may begin to respect the creation.
Text:
Gen Ch: 1 God my creator
Is 49:15-16 “Can a woman forget her nursing child, or show no compassion for the child of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands…
Reflection: we know and are sure that God has created us and takes care of us in each moment of our life and hence the only task we have is to respect that love of god in serving our brothers and sisters in whatever little way we can. We can serve and praise god through our fellow human beings.
Prayer or Mantra: “You are precious in my eyes and I love you” we listen these words from God whispering in our ears.
Day 2
Bhajan: Gamtu Madyu to bhai bhedu na kariye
Theme: The other things on the face of the earth are created for the human beings, to help them in the pursuit of the end for which they are created. From this it follows that we ought to use these things to the extent that they help us toward our end, and free ourselves from them to the extent that they hinder us from it.
Grace: that I may receive the gift of discernment.
Text:
Gen 2:15-17
Matthew 25:14-30 The parable of the Talents
Reflection: God has made us in his image and likeness. He gave us everything which he could. He even gave away his only begotten son for us. But how have we responded to the generosity of God? Adam-Eve were tempted and they disobeyed God. The slave who was given one talent went and hid it in the ground.
When I do not use the gift given by my friend, I am insulting that friend in the same way I am insulting God when I do not use the created things for the end for which they are created.
Prayers: I may appreciate and use every creation IN SO it helps me to move towards God and to Grow more as a loving person.
Day 3
Bhajan: Maru Rakshan Karjo Prabhuji
Theme: we need to become indifferent to all created things. On our own part we ought not to seek health rather than sickness, wealth rather than poverty, honor rather than dishonor, a long life rather than a short one, and so on in all other matter. Rather we ought to desire and choose only that which is more conducive to the end for which we are created.
Grace: I may encounter all creations as having their origin in God, being poured out as gifts upon me, and returning to Him, to whom all ultimately belong.
Text:
Job 1:13-22 “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thee; the LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.”
Reflection: We are living in the world of materialism wherein everybody is busy collecting things and here we have a great servant of God who teaches us a lesson to keep trust in God the giver of all things.
Prayer: “In him we live and move and have our being”.
By kamlesh Raval
A.M.D.G

No comments:

Post a Comment